Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Highway List

This morning while researching the Lincoln Highway and US Route 36, I discovered a fascinating resource (at least to people like me who are easily fascinated by such things). It turns out that Wikipedia has descriptions of all the US numbered highways as well as many of the state highways (KS | NE). So I decided to create another "gadget" on the right side of this page with a list of highways (and their links) that Dee and Cal have traveled. Several caveates. First, I have had to guess in a few places. For example, I assumed they took K-18 from Lincoln instead of going north to US 24 at Beloit, and I assumed they took US 136 west from Red Cloud. Second, some highways run together for a stretch, like K-181 and US 281. Third, there may be back roads or side roads that I miss. Finally, let me say that I will do my best to resist the temptation to anticipate their route, but instead wait for Dee and Cal to report their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment